Ah! The cheesecake of my childhood. #cheesecake #recipe
For the dough
200 gr butter or margarine at room temperature | 7/8 cup
400 gr flour | 3 ¾ cup
100 gr sugar | 7/8 cup
40 gr cacao | 4 tablespoons
1 package of baking powder
For the filling
1 kg labne, cream cheese or quark | 2.2 lbs
150 gr sugar | 1 cup
1 package of vanilla sugar
1 package of vanilla pudding / 2 tablespoons of starch
A few drops of lemon extract or lemon juice (of half a lemon should be enough)
How to make it
1. For the dough but all the ingredients in a bowl and start kneading it until you have a pretty dark dough. The softer your butter is the easier it’ll be to knead.
2. Get your pan of choice ready (I used a springform pan) and use about 2/3 of the dough and press it to a base of about half a centimeter / 0,2 inch. Make sure you put the dough onto the sides as well.
3. To make the filling mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add the pudding powder or starch in and add the labne/cream cheese/quark. At the very end add the lemon extract/lemon juice.
4. Pour the filling into the dough pressed pan and use the remaining dough to sprinkle or “pluck” onto it.
5. Bake at 170 C / 320 F for about 30-45 minutes until the cheesecake filling takes on a golden brownish color.
6. Do NOT cut directly after taking out of the oven, best is to let it rest for a few hours.
* You can use the remainder of the dough to sprinkle it just over or even cut designs out to put onto the dough. Get creative!
* Don’t worry if your filling gets really runny. It actually tastes better when you bake it like that.
* Add some heavy cream to the filling if you want it to be creamier
music by www.bensound.com
HHhhhhh, yummy, i'm going to start making some good stuff. thanks.👍