You crave some easy cookies and happen to have lots of stuff? Toss all the listed ingredients in and tadaaaaa you have yourself some in-your-mouth-melting cookies. I just love those easy Turkish recipes. #recipe #cookies
450 gr flour | 2 1/4 cups
250 gr butter or margarine at room temperature | 1 1/8 cup
200 gr tahini/sesame paste | 7 oz
80 gr of (grape) molasses | 1/4 cup
180 gr sugar | A tablespoon less than a cup
1 egg separated
1 package baking powder
1 package of vanilla sugar/a bit vanilla extract
90 gr ground nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds) | 3/4 cup
a pinch of salt
sesame seeds to top them off
*How to make it*
1. Toss everything but the egg white and the sesame seeds into a bowl and knead it until you have a formable cookie dough.
2. If the dough is way too soft, add a tablespoon of flour. If the dough is too hard, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
3. Form your cookies to your desire, we make here walnuts sized ones. Yields about 40-45 cookies in that size.
4. Whisk your egg and spread some of it onto the cookies and sprinkle sesame onto them.
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 10-15 minutes.
* You can dip the cookie dough into the egg white and then roll them in the sesame. Mind you, with that much sesame, the cookies get quite “heavy”.
Free music by bensound.com
have you ever tried eating raw unrefined molasses wow it is so so sweet lol nice video keep it up