The joy of every picnic or get-together! Some German style pasta salad always makes my day. #recipe #salad
assortment of peppers
pickles and its water
salt and other spices
How to make it
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
2. If you haven’t cooked your peas and carrots yet, do that or buy them already cooked. Add them to the pasta.
3. Chop peppers and pickles into small pieces and add them too.
4. Preparing the dressing: Take a minimum of two tablespoons of yogurt, some mayonnaise (if you want to), add a good portion of the pickle water too. Add the spices. I added apart from the salt, flaked peppers, and black pepper. Mix this thoroughly and add it to the pasta salad.
5. Chop the dill and stir the salad until everything is evenly distributed. You can eat the salad directly but if you let it rest for at least 4-5 hours it will taste better.
* For the pasta: Gemelli (the spiraled pasta) work the best as they take lots of the dressing. But of course, you can use whatever kind of pasta you like. But I guess it would be weird with spaghetti.
* I usually prepare this salad the day before I need it. Like this, it has enough time to rest and the flavor does change quite a bit. I usually have to add a bit more salt.
* I personally don't like to add corn into this salad as it seems kind of too sweet to be in here but if you like corn a lot you could give it a try.